WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEER STAFF MEMBERS!
Do you wish to go on a trek to Peru, Nepal or somewhere else at a discounted rate? Learn valuable work skills? Meet awesome mountain-loving and travel-minded people? Go on local trips for free in the Washington, DC area or east coast? Get a great reference? Network with people globally? Help promote local tourism and work on social projects in remote mountain regions worldwide?
Peak Explorations is seeking volunteers who are passionate about mountains, hiking, and adventure travels in the U.S. and/or globally. As a newly launched social enterprise, you will learn A LOT and develop numerous skills from marketing, tourism, guiding, blogging, organizing to even knowing how to be savvy as a traveler/trekker! So, we are looking for networking/marketing specialist, organizer/guide, writers, photographers or a combination of these things!
We are specifically looking for the following experience/background/interest in:
- Social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc)
- Familiarity with Wordpress and other website platforms such as Weebly
- Graphic design
- Networking (online and traditional- i.e. with university/college campuses - this is ideal for those who are college students or recent grads!)
- Strong organizational skills
- Guiding & organizing events (hiking, camping & trekking)
- Web development
- Grant writing
As a volunteer, most of the work can be done remotely. You are required to have your own computer and access to internet. Hence, we are looking for someone who is creative and has a strong work ethic, reliable, responsible and committed to the mission of Peak Explorations, LLC and Trails Without Border (check out our About Us and Meet the Team pages). We hope you love the mountains as much as we do (but not required). The hours of volunteering are negotiable, but preferably at least 5 hours per week.
SO.... What benefits do you get?
- Experience in the above noted skills, and also, you will learn tremendously as to how startups and non-profit organizations (as well as, travel blog sites) are established.
- You will also gain tons of FREE resources (and advise) on the subject of travel/trekking and meet mountain-loving people who can provide you opportunities and solid references.
- You will learn about budget traveling and various treks worldwide.
- You will be a part of a worthwhile cause and make a positive impact on lives of others and the planet.
- Also, at some point, you may even join one of our treks at a discounted rate (this requires that you volunteer for 6 months continuously and a minimum number of hours of volunteer work).
- If you are interested in co-organizing/leading local camping/hiking/trekking trips in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area, then you can go for free!
- You will gain new friends who are passionate about mountain trekking and traveling the world.
- And of course, you will be inspired to be in the outdoors just like us!
Interested? Please send a letter detailing what skills/experience you have & why you wish to join the Peak Explorations team to Marinel at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can't wait to have you on board!